Tuesday, February 15

An insight into the world of Bella Cupcakes!

I thought it would be fun to give everyone a little look into my world of cupcakes! I recently just finished setting up my studio. I really love my studio, its a lovely space to have my consultations and a lovely space to work in.

It has been a labour of love. Many hours have
been spent sanding and sanding and more sanding before layers of paint was applied to all my furniture. I couldn't have done it without the help of my hubby and good friend Micheal. Both saved me a lot of {$$} by installing my gorgeous white floors and putting up the wallpaper. { which I must say was a job well done!!! No joins can be seen}.



My most favourite things in my studio would have to be my wallpaper and my floor! And all the gorgeous furniture that I found. My queen anne chairs would have to be one of my best buys. They were this horrible brown colour with awful brown fabric. I got them striped back down to the frames. Painted them white and got our lovely friends at Piermark Upholstery to recover them with the gorgeous fabric I find in this little fabric shop in Parnell. I think they turned out so great!!! Love! Love! LOVE!

It is so nice to have a space to display all my cake stands, my tea cup collection and all my little nic nacs.
There are still a few things I need to do like change the curtains and I want to create a photo wall to display photos of my favourite cupcakes and cakes, but all in good time!


So that is the pretty side of my world, now I thought it would be fun to share my space where all the hard work and magic really happens. This is where all the baking, covering and decorating goes on. My kitchen.




This is my large commercial kitchen which I get to work in. This is actually our bakery kitchen which my mum and I have been running for about 3 years now. We make really delicious pies and sweet treats. =) And now I get to create all my cakes and cupcakes in it too!! lol.



I have a huge commercial oven to bake all my cakes and cupcakes. I can bake up to 9 trays of cupcakes at a time and about 6-9 cakes - depending on size.



And lots of room to cool dozens of cupcakes!

Well there you go! I hope it's been fun to see a little insight into my world of cupcakes!! I don't get much sleep these days! I am absolutely addicted to my job! Cupcakes and cakes consume my world .... not that I'm complaining I love love love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world!





16 comments:

  1. It all looks stunning Vanessa, and your kitchens are impressive!! Nice to see where your gorgeous creations come from xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything that you do, you're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just so talented vanessa and it shows throughout your work. i wish i lived in NZ so i could taste your sweets. really beautiful and bright space you work in...my dream colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. Vanessa your studio is amazing! love the way you have set it up! when you gave us sneak peeks.. i knew it was going to be beyond exceptional! you have great taste, talent, and creativity and love for what you do.. hence the success:) your work is fabulously inspiring! all the best X Ridwana

    ReplyDelete
  5. is super in to your world of cakes. I wish i have your beautiful kitchen or i can bake just one of my cakes in it, just to see how is it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER beautiful. I would totally live in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can only dream of owning a kitchen like yours ....... your are truly an inspiration and your work and attention to detail is amazing ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats is amazing!!! Your work space would be a dream to work in:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. i would love to be in your shoes.. your working space is a dream.. and i always wondered how you kept your motivation going making soooo many cup cakes and then wanting to do it again.. since i only work on a small basis from my home kitchen.. i always kick myself for saying yes cause its soo small and time consuming for a small OLD oven.. not to mention the back pain when attending to the finer details when decorating.. hahaha .. PS i Love all your work and am constantly amazed by the new cakes you keep creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your studio makes my heart sing every time I see it! I want you to come design ome for me! You have eyes that make everything BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Well, I saw your cupcakes already in a book I bought a while back, then your impressive Flickr pictures, and now your blog...I think you have amazing talent, and it seems like it isn't wasted on someone who doesn't deserve it! You sound as wonderful as your things look! And your photography skills are impressive!!! I hope that I get to where you are one day! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your site today via Sugarbelle and I LOOOVE everything I saw! You have really good taste in both furnishing and decorations! The colours! The layout! Keep working hard but don't forget to rest more too! Will keep coming back. Thanks for sharing the lovely pics of your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a delight to view, thank you for these great photos and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am drooling over your studio and your kitchen. That for me is cake making bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello from Mauritius!
    Wow!! Really nice working space. Love your studio's design, it must be very inspiring to work in it :)

    ReplyDelete